Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First day of school 2010






OK I know, I know, I have totally been a blog slacker. But there is no way I was not going to post today.

Back to school is always a bitter sweet day for me. I'm soooo ready for school to start again. I'm ready for my kids to be active and learning. I'm ready for everyone to be on a schedule again. Ready for going to bed early and getting up early.

BUT I'm not quite ready for my babies to be getting bigger. I really can't imagine that one day they will be going to high school. UGH!!! Riley is like a little mini man. He is so independent and confident. He pretty much thinks he is the boss--of everyone. He is also so very smart. It amazes me at how he can pick up any book and read it like it's memorized. AMAZING!! He must get that from Russ. This year he is going into 2nd grade. Last night Russ and I went and met his teacher, Mrs. Sims. She is wonderful. I really hope he warms up to her quickly. This is a big year I think. Not a little kid but not a big kid. Kindof in the middle. I hope he discovers who he wants to be and holds on to who he is now. Man he is so handsome.

Raegan is THRILLED to be going to kindergarten this year. It's all she has talked about since LAST year. She is so excited to meet her teacher Mrs. Slade today. She has asked at least 500 times if it's time to go yet. Raegan is also very independent and condifdent. But it is very differnent than Riley. She is more mature about her confidence. She KNOWS that she is a big girl and she KNOWS that she is a cutie pie. It is interesting to hear her interact with Reese. She is like a little mommy. Bossy when she needs to be but very loving and caring. She is such a good helper and plays sooo good with Reese. She has recently discovered how sassy she really can be and we are constently reminding her that she is beautiful but needs to ACT beautiful too. I hope that this year in school she will discover all kinds of fun new things. She is very social so I hope she learns more math and writing:-D

And Reese is just happy to be here. I'm sure she will love her one-on-one time with mom. We shall see.....

11 comments:

Dawnia said...

Adorable pictures! I'm jealous your kids started school already. Elliott doesn't start until Sept 7! This has been a very long summer! He's been out of school since May 14. Guess it happens when you take him out early and then move across the country. Good luck with the new year.

Justin & Krystal said...

I can't believe they're so big. I miss them all. Give them hugs and kisses for me. LOVE YOU!!

Amanda said...

How fun, mine were excited too, Graham went to his 2nd day at Busy Bee and since I went to pick him up he's already asked at least 5 times if it is time to go get the girls yet. We went down to school at lunchtime to give Kortnie her insulin and he was so sad that she didn't get to come home with us right then. I am loving it, quiet house, not getting messed up constantly, I've been enjoying some down time today!

Davis Gang said...

Yay for them both. My kids are so not ready to go back to school, summer just wasn't long enough I say. They both look so cute and big. I can't beleive that Riley is in 2nd grade HOLY MOLY.....the time does fly. I am so proud of those kids.

The Petersons said...

Raegen is such a cut little poser isn't she. So fun to see them getting into school! What are you doing with all your free time now? Reese has just got to love having mommy to herself!

Angie said...

Cutest kids ever! Love them to bits!

Jennifer said...

Cute kids! Crazy that you have two in school now!

So...I sent that pencil box to school with Kaitlyn and she gave it to Mrs. Sims instead of Riley. Miscomminication I guess. SO...if you want...I will email her and ask her to give it to Riley...cuz it was for HIM!

Laura said...

WOW!! Your kids are absolutely ADORABLE!! I can't even imagine putting my kids in school all day, i'm sure it will come way faster than i'm ready for.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Yay for Kindergarten and 2nd grade:) What a fun time for them huh? Ours start next week and this year I am SO READY- maybe because of having a newborn and sleepless nights:)

Anyway- your kids are such cuties- I wish ours could all be friends:)

Tairi said...

your kids are just beautiful! Enjoy your time with little miss Reese!

ricci said...

So fun to get into contact with you!! I ran into your mom quite a few weeks ago! glad to hear that your doing so good! cute cute kids!! glad that you looked us up, keep in contact!!