Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meet Reese Mae Sipes



This is our new baby girl. Reese Mae Sipes was born on Thursday, April 17th. Three weeks early. I was scheduled for a c-section on the 25th, but I actually went into labor. I went to the hospital at about 1:30 in the afternoon, thinking they would just make sure I was OK then send me home. Right after they checked me I started having contractions 1-2 mins apart. I dilated to a 2 and my doctor was in a different office 30 mins away and wouldn't be there until after 5:00. So they gave me medicine to stop my contractions but it didn't work. My doctor got there around 5:40 and I went to surgery at 6:30 p.m. Reese was born at 6:51. She was 8 pounds 1 oz. and 20 inchs long. The doctor said that it was a good thing we had her that day because she had a complete knot in her cord. He said it happened when she was small enough to swim around better. But the bigger she got the tighter it got. What a blessing. She is such a sweet baby. We are all enjoying her and loving her. Riley and Raegan didn't get to see her until we got home on Monday. That was really hard. Because of RSV they wouldn't let any kids in. They had waited so long to meet the baby, then they had to wait even longer to hold and kiss her. But, they LOVE her so much. They can't get enough of her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How exciting! She's adorable! Glad everything worked out!