Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eager DAZE






This last weekend we went camping in Eager. It was so much fun (pictures are coming). While we were there our family did another "fun run". It was on Saturday morning. All of us did the 1 mile run. Russ did his first ever 5K run. He is so amazing. I can't believe 2 years ago that he was in a back brace. He ran the best he has ever ran. He got 2nd place over-all, and 1st place in his age group. His time was 21 minutes and 39 seconds. WAY TO GO RUSS. I'm so proud of him. The rest of us got stuff too. Krystal was 2nd over-all for the 1 mile and 1st in her age group. Molly got 6th over-all and 1st in her age group. Riley got 2nd in his age group. Melinda got 1st in her age group and I got 1st in my age group. Before we get too much credit--there was no one else in mine or Mel's or Molly's age groups--haha. Riley was with one other boy. Raegan won a fun game for being the youngest runner there. It was really alot of fun. We love being together and doing this as a family. Everyone won something which I think is great. They really did a great job putting this one on. It will defiantly become a family favorite.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Wow a running family! I m working up to running a 5k. Just started though. That is amazing that just two years ago Russ was in a brace.
SOOO Awesome!!

~Cari said...

Hey I was in Eager this past weekend as well. 14 of us girls actually stayed at a cabin in Greer but attended church Sunday in Eager. I thought about calling you but figured you were still pretty far from Greer and I drove with someone else so it made it hard. Bummer!

Jennifer said...

How fun! Did I tell you I did the 10K here in Snowflake...I was last...of all the age groups! (ha)

....I think it is so fun that Kaitlyn and Riley are in the same class. When I think about how we met...and then here we are with our kids in the same class...it's crazy! :)