Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First day of school '09





WELL the kids started school...again. I have been ready to start for a while now. BUT yesterday when I sent Riley to his first day of first grade...I was a bit sad. He wanted to walk to school all by himself. Yes we only live one block away from the school but I wanted to push in there in the stroller. He has grown so much just this summer. He was very excited to meet his teacher and find his desk. This week he gets to be the floor monitor--which means he gets to help the teacher hand out papers. He knows a few kids in his class from last year. I didn't want to leave him there, but he kept saying "mom you can go now." As the tears filled my eyes I was wondering if any other moms were having as hard a time as me. BUT, he is very excited to be going to school again. I asked him what his favorite part about school was and he said "lunch." He gets to eat school lunch. Yesterday they had spaghetti and today is cheese pizza--YEY!!! I am so proud of my hunny boy. What a good boy he is.

Raegan went back to preschool today. She goes for two hours two days a week. She loves being around her friends. She was a little ticked yesterday when Riley got to go to school but she didn't. I can't wait to pick her up and find out how she did. Today with them both Riley and Raegan gone Reese and I are able to spend one on one time together. She wants me to read a million books to her. It is so sweet and fun. I love each stage in my kids lives. Some are harder than others but I am so greatful for all these experiences. I am so blessed to be a mom to these sweet kids.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Your kids are just gorgeous...really! So cute! I've already gotten teary-eyed just thinking about Ellee going off to school...and it's not for another couple of years. So, I understand. It's probably nice though to have some one on one time with Reese.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

They are so cute! You guys start two weeks before us:) Anya is excited for lunch also in 1st grade but she wants to bring her own. I'm not sure how I feel about that since I will have to get it ready every morning! Haven is excited for pre-school also- her teacher is her best friend's Grandma (Grandma Carla) so she already knows her well:)

I love reading your blog because our kids are SO CLOSE in age & going through the exact same things:)

Becca said...

I cant believe you have a kid in all day school. They both look soo cute on thier first day.

Jennifer said...

I can't believe Reagan is in preschool!!!! When did SHE grow up!?

We're lovin Mrs. Taylor so far? How bout you? I get the impression that she is right on top of things...and not wasting time playing around. I like that in a teacher.

Davis Gang said...

So cute. I love Reagan's hair, she looks so beautiful and Riley looks so grown up. I wish I could've been there to see them off for their first day. I love those kids to peices.

Unknown said...

What beautiful kids! Isn't it nice to have only 1 at home? After this summer I was really ready!