Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Silly kids

(This is the sunflower Riley found and planted in the garden--it's fake--thank heavens something will survive:)



Looking good.


Yesterday, Russ and Melinda made some rows for our ever growing veggie starts. They did an awesome job. I can't wait to get our little vegetables going. So, Riley was out playing in the yard as they were digging. He knows what the rules are when he plays outside. NO going in the road. Well, he must have had a dumb moment because he suddenly darts out into the road--WITH A CAR COMING RIGHT AT HIM!!! Good thing the lady driving saw him and stopped. This would be my greatest fear ever. When I found out what he had done I had to bust him. Russ sent him to his room (after he busted him) and I went in to talk to him. I told him that he knew the rules and that he made a bad choice. I told him that if that lady had not stopped he would be dead right now. I said I would miss him so much and cry everyday until I saw him again in heaven. He looked at me and sweetly said, "Well I've been waiting to see Heavenly Father." How can you argue with that?
Then this morning I was doing Raegan's hair and Riley came in and they started talking. I had been asking the kids to get the toy room clean all morning--this is their conversation.
Riley: "Raegan I am waiting for you to come help me in the toy room."
Raegan: "I can't do it-because it's too hard."
Riley: "Well maybe Heavenly Father could help you."
Raegan: "Well he is not here. And if he came here he would break our house."
I was laughing so hard. It's so cute to hear them talk. Love those kids.

3 comments:

Macame said...

Both of those stories are soo soo funny! :-) What sweet & adorable kids you guys have!

Davis Gang said...

Love it...Makes you wonder why they think of those silly things. I love those kids. The garden looks great.

Amanda said...

Silly kids, but cute and great conversations! Love it!