Sunday, November 15, 2009

A new adventure


So today has been a really hard day. We have been preparing and planning for months for this day--but that didn't make it any easier. Today Russ left for the Police Academy. He is going to ALEA which is in Pheonix. He is very excited to start this new adventure in his life. He has always wanted to be a police officer, but it seemed the timeing was always wrong. Now, everything just kindof fell into place. He can't wait to start working for the town of Snowflake. He will be a great officer. Well really, he could be good at anything he wanted to do. I am very proud of him. I miss him already and can't wait to hear all of his horror stories. The academy will be for four and a half months. He will get to come home on the week-ends if the weather is good. He will also get to be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have never been away from eachother for this long and I know it will be a huge adjustment for all of us. I also know that it will be so worth it in the end. I hope the next 4 months goes very fast.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

They will go by fast! Hugs to you and the family!

Barb said...

So happy for you that he got the job - but sad he has to be away from you guys for so long. It'll go fast though!! You're a great mom and got great kids!!

Becca said...

It will go fast right now it seems like forever away but before you know it you will be planning for his graduation and then he will be home and have been an officer for a year. He will do great at the accademy!! Let us know if you need anything at all!! Love ya:)

Jill said...

Time will fly! Just watch!! Keep yourself busy...give those kiddos extra loves...and he'll be home before you know it!!!

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Congratulations! Is he not going to have your business anymore?

Unknown said...

How exciting, and I'm sure sad at times. Like everyone's said, hopefully it'll go by fast-easier said then done. I can't even imagine Paul being gone that long!

Cassie said...

For me the first 2-3 days are always the hardest (not to say there won't be days here and there) then you just kindof get into a routine and days pass by. You guys are amazing though...and you have an awesome sister-in-law!!!:)

Jennifer said...

Good for Russ for doing something that he's always wanted to do and good for you for supporting him. I think if Brandon told me he was leaving to go to school for 4 months...I'd tell him he could only do it if he took the kids! j/k but really...I hope everything goes by fast for your family. 4 months is nothing comared to eternity. What about the dry wall biz?

amanda p. said...

hey, Russ should call us and we can hang out. I am sure he is super busy, but we could go to dinner or something! That would be so so so fun!

Woodside's said...

Hey Marcie, cograts to Russ! I hope that this time will go by fast for you so you can get life back to "normal". I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.