Monday, March 15, 2010

Reesie's BIG bOnK!!!




On Saturday Reese pulled a kitchen chair up to the island to help Russ make dinner. We have bar stool type chairs--they are extra high. She think she can get up and down and back up again without any help. She is pretty good at it but it makes me so nervous to watch her. Well, she did it. She fell right on her face. Russ picked her up and I ran over to them. I instantly saw the blood--on the outside of her mouth just under her lip. Her tooth went threw her lip--disgusting!! I had to walk into the pantry and catch my breath. I am NOT good in stressful situations. Thank heavens Russ was here and is awesome in stressful situations. He told me it was a HUGE cut and needed stitches. I called for someone to sit with Riley and Raegan so we could take her to the ER. We have a clinic but it was already closed. I really didn't want my baby to have a huge ugly scar right on her mouth. SO after some thought and a few tears from me we decided to super glue it and just let it heal. I hope that was the right choice. Our friend Bridger works in the ER and had the "real" skin glue. He was more than willing to come over and help us glue her together. Thank-you so much Bridger. Today, Monday, it looks pretty good. She has picked at the glue and it is almost off. I hope it is healed enough it won't open again. I would have to pass out if I had to deal with that again.

6 comments:

Sorensen's said...

OUCH!!!

Laura said...

Oh poor thing! I hope it gets better, I would have freaked out too! Thanks heavens for calm husbands!!

Unknown said...

It's so scary when they get hurt! But she's still a cutie, bonk and all! :)

Mary Louise Flake said...

Poor little thing! She's still adorable though!

Mary Louise Flake said...

Okay....that Mary Louise Flake comment if from me...Jennifer Flake...I am on my MIL computer!

Davis Gang said...

That hurts my heart. I hate it when babies get big ol bonks and blood and stuff. Good thing Russ was there to help with that blood stuff. Still so beautiful even with the ouie. I love her.