Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bye-Bye 1st grade


I really can't beilve Riley is done with 1st grade. I feel like the school year just started. This year Riley had Mrs. Taylor. She was a wonderful teacher and really pushed the kids to be ready for 2nd grade. Riley has really started to LOVE reading on his own. He has always LOVED books but now he craves reading. One day I had to ground him from reading--OH MAN!! He did 100% in all areas at school and we just can't believe how smart he is. He is a very likable boy and has LOTS of friends. On Thursday May 20th they had a little program at his school. All the 1st graders sang some songs and then we got to go to his class and look at all his work for the year. His favorite part of 1st grade was the field trip they took to Mogion Rim (sp??) in ShowLow. Way to go buddy. Riley is looking forward to a nice LONG summer break and next year for 2nd grade he got Mrs. Sims.

3 comments:

Davis Gang said...

Oh my heck I can't believe that he is going to be in the 2nd grade. He is getting so big. Man I love that kid:D Love you Riley and I am so proud of you.

Tairi said...

Seriously! A 2nd grader and a kindergartner! CRAZY! I never would have thought this day would come, back when we had our little baby boys and were pregnant together. sheesh

You have some great looking kids!

Jennifer said...

I have to tell you....I was just lookin at Kaitlyn's 1st grade journal. She made a list of the "coolest boys in her class"....yup....Riley was on it! Too cute!