Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kindergarten--NO MORE!!








My baby is getting so big. At this time last year I was stressing about who he would get for a kindergarten teacher. If he would have morning or afternoon. If he would do OK being away from me for so long each day. If he would be a good student. If he would make friends. NOW--sitting here today I can say that his kindergarten year was so good. He had an AWESOME teacher--Mrs. Romney. She is the best and I highly recommend her to anyone. He made so many new, fun friends that I hope he stays friends with next year. He did SOOO good in all areas in school. He got 100% on his progress reports. He is reading--BY HIMSELF. It is amazing to hear him. He writes VERY GOOD. I am so proud of my little man. The graduation was on May 22nd. It was really fast and fun to watch. I had a hard time seeing Riley because there was so many people and kids. They sang some songs and got a little certificate. He is really glad it is summer and pretty nervous to start 1st grade. His 1st grade teacher is Mrs. Taylor. I don't know anything about her--only that she has taught for a long time. It was a hard day for me--but one I want to remember ALWAYS!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute! Our kids are awesome, I am hoping that Kortnie gets either Mrs Romney or Mrs Slade next year! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Mel's Family said...

Riley is so smart...he will do great with any teacher! I think he is going to love 1st grade.

Unknown said...

You're such a good mom. I'm debating on whether I'm excited the kids are out of school or not...:)

Jennifer said...

Hey! Kaitlyn and Riley will be in the same class! She got Mrs. Taylor too! FUN!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe he is moving onto 1st grade. I am excited but nervous about sending Dylan to kindergarten in September. It is all day here Monday through Friday. Wow that will make my day very different!