Monday, March 28, 2011

In Memory NANCY ANN SIPES August 4th 1944-March 20th 2011







Russ's mom Nancy passed away last Sunday. She was surrounded by all of her children. We still can't believe how fast she went. For the past few months she just hasn't felt good. On Tues. March 9th she went to the ER because of bad stomach pains. They did some tests and an ultrasound. We got "the call" on Wed. saying that she had terminal cancer. It was in her pancreas and liver. There was nothing that could be done. Russ left for CA on Friday after she was admitted to the hospital. Her liver was like a sponge and was collecting all of her blood. They pumped her stomach. At one time they pumped 2 GALLONS of fluid out. Then she would receive a blood transfusion. This continued for a few days. All she wanted was to go home. On Friday they finally sent her home. The kids and I got to CA on Saturday. I was shocked to see how frail she looked. Russ and his sister took turns all night Saturday waking up and pushing her morphine button. Sunday morning she was taken by ambulance back to the hospital to have her stomach pumped again. A half an hour after coming home she passed. Only 12 days from finding out. Super fast and so unexpected for her family.

Nancy was a wonderful person. She was such a giver. She LOVED her family. She LOVED being a grandma. She was the BEST mom, friend, grandma, and wife she knew how to be. She never claimed to be perfect but she always made what she felt was the best choices. My kids adored her. Raegan was her little shadow. Nancy was able to come to our house for Christmas the past 4 or so years. Those were great memories we have of her. Nancy was a great cook. I remember her coming for a visit and I thought I had nothing to make us for dinner. Well, Nancy opened my fridge and was able to make a complete dinner from what she found in the fridge. I can still NEVER do stuff like that. We have many fond memories of being at her home in California.
She was a very hard worker. She took her work very seriously. She only rested when she HAD to.

I am very grateful for the last 11 1/2 years that I have been able to know Nancy. I am grateful to her for raising a wonderful son that I get to spend my life with. This trial has made me realize that life is so short. We need to love those who are close to us. Forgive and forget. And be the best you can be. We love you Nancy and we will miss you.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Sipes-we are so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing woman, and what we know of Russ and Melinda, she raised wonderful children. Our prayers are with you for comfort. We love you guys.

Brianna said...

What a sudden and tragic loss. I didn't know her, but I can tell she was an incredible woman with a loving heart, and her wonderful children are evidence of that. That's special that you guys had a few recent Christmases with her, to build lovely memories for you and your children. I've been thinking about you guys a lot since I heard. If there's anything we can do, just let us know.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I'm so sorry Russ and Marcie- that is so sad and unexpected. It brings back memories of going through all that with Greg's Mom a few years ago so I know what you guys are going through. She sounds like such an AWESOME lady:)

Amanda said...

Sending love to you and your family Marcie!

JeLe said...

This is so sad, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe how quick it all was. All our love to you all. My you feel the Lord's love encircle you at this time.

Davis Gang said...

Well from what I knew of her she was pretty great and always said kind thing to Sol and I. I am sad for Russ and all of Nancy's family that they had to go through such a hard time and to lose another parent to cancer. You guys have all been in my thoughts and prayers. What a great thing to write about and share. I enjoyed reading your post about her. Thanks for sharing and yes she will be missed by all that knew her.

Jacob said...

Sipes~

We are so sorry for your loss. We echo the Stewarts. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Schlinks

Emilee said...

Marcie: I am so sad to hear of your loss. She sounded like a really neat lady. 12 days. . .that is hard! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Moose and Family said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet memories. I was wondering what happened so suddenly. Glad that your family could be there. Love you guys!!