Saturday, May 14, 2011

Raegan's 6th birthday

Raegan wanted a rainbow birthday this year. Here are her invitations.


The night before her birthday she lost her second tooth. She was thrilled. Notice her top one STILL hasn't grown back yet.

Here she is opening her morning present. It was a gift from her aunt Becca which she LOVED!! That bag is sooo cute. She had put note pads, markers, lip gloss, and tic-tacs in it. GREAT IDEA!! Thanks auntie.


It was fun to decorate with a rainbow theme. LOTS of fun colors.



OK SOOOOO the cake was a disaster. I had a vision in my head. 6 layer, round, each layer a different color of the rainbow, BEAUTIFUL. Well I got my first 2 colors out of the oven and put the next 2 colors into the oven. As I tipped the cake upside down to get it out of the pan---BOTH CAKES COMPLETELY CRUMBLED!!! NICE!!

So my friend Sarah came to the rescue. She suggested doing cake balls. So we just mashed up the cake and melted the frosting then mixed them together. We shaped them into bite size balls. It was a great save. I think the girls liked being able to eat them with their hands.

She invited about 12 girls and all but one came. They had a lot of fun. YES there was some drama BUT for the most part everyone was happy. We played some game like heads up 7-up, button button who has the button, and a relay race.

Raegan and her friend Lyndsey

See how happy she is that it's her birthday??

Blowing out the candles. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL RAEGAN!!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I don't know if I even remember how to play heads up 7-up! I LOVE the cake balls. They look like thats what you were planning on doing all along! What a fun birthday idea!

Davis Gang said...

I too love the cake balls and need you to show me how to make them. They look so fun. Happy Birthday Rae I love her so much and wished I could be there to see her on her special day. Looks like everything turned out perfect and fun. I am glad she liked her present. Love and miss you all

Amanda said...

She looks so big in these pictures. Happy Birthday Rae!

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I just tried to make one of those giant cupcakes for Greysons birthday and it all collapsed on me. Reminded me of this post! We ended up with just the leftover cupcakes from teh extra battter:)