Friday, November 14, 2008

Food for thought....and spirit


This time of year is great for refection on our lives. Right now so many people are struggling and suffering. Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The economy stinks and families are hurting. It seems like the holidays are a great time to refocus, and recommit ourselves. My sister Rebecca got this from a relief society lesson. The girl told her to put it somewhere where she can read it 5 times a day. Then answer the questions. She said you will feel better about yourself and you will have a greater desire to serve and love others. Here are the questions-
1. What do I love about myself?
2. What do I have to look forward to today?
3. What does Heavenly Father want me to learn today?
4. Who can I serve today?
5. What am I grateful for?
I don't know about you but these are all things that I GREATLY need to improve on. I am going to recommit myself to doing this everyday--you should try is too:)

4 comments:

Becca said...

Good food for thought! I really need to do this too! thanks for the t- shirt. sorry you had to see my messy house and my just-rolled- out-of-bed look.Glad you still love me! talk to you later.

TJ Eich said...

That's an excellent reminder! Thanks for sharing!

Mel's Family said...

Thanks for this great reminder...I am going to work on this too. Your the best! Mel

The Winns said...

Love it!!