Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Festivities

We had a fun Halloween this year. Here are a few pictures from our festivities.

Carving pumpkins is always a favorite for us. Raegan is totally into digging out the guts, but Riley HATES to touch the insides. Riley did a bat in his pumpkin and Raegan did a happy pumpkin. Daddy did Blues Clues (for Raegan) and Mommy's said B-O-O.


Picking pumpkins at the pumpkin patch for FHE. There was not too many big ones. So we all got smaller one. Except Riley. He searched until he found the biggest one he could.


I love dressing up the kids. I wish we could have had more unique costumes--but this is what they wanted. It is about the kids and not the mom-RIGHT!!:)

Reesie's first Halloween--She a baby bumble bee--the cutest one I have seen.


I have to post a picture of the back of Raegan's hair--because it took FOREVER to curl--and it didn't even stay in for very long.


Fairy princess--TINK

The handsome, powerful--IRONMAN
We also took the kids to the Fall festival at the High School. They had all kinds of games and prizes for the kids. I remember when I was a kid they would do this at our Elementary school. Everyone would dress up. It was my favorite part of Halloween growing up. I have to share this story so I don't forget. We only had about an hour to play games. We went around to each booth and I asked the kids if they wanted to play and then moved onto the next booth. We came to a booth that was a giant pumpkin with a hole in the center of it. It was a pie throwing booth. The guy in the middle was the police chief. As we got there the police chief was just getting there. He asked Riley if he wanted to throw a pie in his face. Riley being the shy kid he is of course shook his head no. He would NEVER think of doing something like that to a cop. So, we went to all the booths and were on our way around again when Riley stopped at the pie throwing booth. He said, "Mom I want to throw a pie at the cop." I said, "Are you sure?" He said he was sure, so we paid our tickets and he got a little pie--which was just whipping cream. He got in position and bam--he hit the guy smack in the face. We all started laughing except Riley. He just turned around and walked off. It was so stinking funny.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Yeah I was wondering when I would get to see pics of the kids in thier costumes. I do have to agree with you about Reese... Such a cute baby bee!! Reagan is the cutest tinkerbell ever. And Riley got to be his new fav super hero... Awesome. What were you and Russ for Halloween?

Sandy Ballard said...

The kids looked great. I thought Reagans hair was still cute when you came by. Tell Riley good job on the pie throwing, that would have been funny to see.

Brianna said...

Cute costumes! It looks like you guys had a great Halloween. Reagan's hair looks SO pretty! I can't wait to have a little girl! :)

Davis Gang said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN guys. You guys look so good. Aleigh was also a little bee. Unfortunalely I couldn't take pictures, but they all looked so cute. Looks like you had a good one. Love you guys.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Yeah- I found them! Sometimes I forget to look if there are more than one new post since I last checked. The kids were ADORABLE- I love their costumes:)