Thursday, November 6, 2008

Little Miss Raegan

Being a parent is sometimes....interesting. You always want what's best for your kids. You want to help them physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I never know if the things I say are ever going to back fire. Are they going to be for the good or for the bad. OK you all know what I'm talking about. So, Reagan is a total girly, girl. Every thing she does or says is ALL girl. She has been talking for awhile now (I guess since I was pregnant with Reese) about being a mom and having babies. She will always say "I have a baby in my tummy," and "when I'm a mom." This has never really bothered me because I was the same way when I was young--just wanted to be a mom. We just tell her only after your married in the temple you can have babies. Riley has been curious a few times (especially when I was pregnant) about how the baby comes out. Raegan picked up on this curiosity very quickly--knowing her future how could you blame her??? I have to have c-sections with my babies, so I told the kids the truth, "The doctor cuts my belly and pulls the baby out." They were a little freaked out but it passed quickly. The other day Reagan asked "how do babies come out of my belly." I hope she doesn't have to have c-sections like me. I wanted to be honest with her so I told her they come out our bums. She was fine with that. The reason I am posting is because we were watching Baby Mama the other day (which by the way is Raegan's new favorite movie, are you surprised??) and out of the blue Raegan asks "how do babies get inside of my tummy?" HOLY COW!! I can handle all of the other stuff. Telling her that babies come out of our bums was a HUGE leap for me. What am I going to say?!?! So I told her the truth..... "it's magic." That's really not a lie:) LOL. I worry about what the future holds for this very mature 3 year old. Heaven help us:)

7 comments:

Brianna said...

holy cow! that's hilarious! I am SO not excited for the day my kid asks me those questions! You gave some great answers though... I hadn't thought of the "It's magic" line, I might have to use that one. :) We were just going to use the explanation from Dennis the Menace. He says you have to get the baby installed by a minister and a doctor, then after it grows for a while they take it out through the belly button. :)

TJ Eich said...

It IS magic! You're a smart mom. :) When I was expecting our first, my nephew always asked, "When is he going to crack out?" . . . and I never corrected him. :)

Davis Gang said...

That is so funny. I can totally see Raegan looking into the toilet waiting for her baby to come out of her bum. But the whole magic thing WOW!!! I just hope that when her day comes it really is magic and she is not disappointed. Sitting there thinking to herself What the ---- was my mom thinking. Or man my mom is one lucky lady!!!

Tairi said...

Oh my goodness! What a curious little 3 year old! She is so cute. I love her attitude in that picture. This whole subject just cracks me up. I always watch A baby story and so I think my kids have seen some of that and get the idea. I was watching a show called- I didnt know I was pregnant. It had this lady that had a baby in the toilet and Max was totally grossed out and said- That lady just pooped her baby out! I just said "uh huh" and moved on. oh man!

Tairi said...

Sorry I farted in your purse.......my favorite line!

Becca said...

I feel sorry for you guys... drop dead gorgeous girl+smart= trouble!
Jarrin was asking about Raegan today and yesterday, can she come play next week? Let me know what day works best.

Unknown said...

LOL! That's great! We had to have the real discussion with Mikael a few months ago. Really awkward. We had to use the P and V words. Honestly, I was having a hard time not laughing.
Yes, girls give you a run for your money!