Thursday, March 19, 2009

AR What????

OK--so this is a really funny story that I what Riley to ALWAYS remember. I had parent/teacher conference yesterday. I LOVE to see how much he is learning and how he does in class. I LOVE his teacher. She does such a good job with all the kids. Of course every parent thinks that their kid is the best, smartest, cutest. I go once a month and "help" in his class and I watch the other kids. You can tell which ones are more advanced. I have always thought that Riley was a very smart kid. But, I always have in the back of my head, "how is he really doing?" His progress reports always have the best marks. He loves to learn and to be at school. OK, back to the story. Yesterday while his teacher was talking to me about how good he was doing in class, she asked me if he could be in the AR program. I have never had a kid in school so didn't know what that was. She started to explain about reading a book at home and getting tested and rewarding him and praising him. I instantly thought that she wanted to put him in like a special ed class or something. Like I said you always wonder how things really go at school. Maybe Riley needed a little extra help. I can handle that. Trying to control my emotions I nicely ask, "what is AR." She smiles and says, "advanced reading." I almost lost it. WOW. That is way better than the special resource class. OH my goodness. I am so proud of him. He really is a genius:) I hope that he always has a love for school and learning. What a great kid he is. He is loving and funny and smart. I love you hunny boy.

6 comments:

Jacob said...

Marcie~
Seriouslyyou made Jake and I laugh so hard at your story! You are an amazing he couldn't be anything but smart!
Love ya!
Kristen

Amanda said...

Yay, Stasia is going to start the AR program now too. We have awesome kids!

Unknown said...

How fun, I had a similar experience with Izabelle. It's so awesome to find out our kids are doing well in school. I blame her not so good math abilities on Paul. :)

Cassie said...

LOL! I probably would have reacted the same way. Justin is only 3 and already I wonder if I am doing everything I need to be so he isn't behind.

Jennifer said...

:) Kaitlyn gets to do AR too...she hasn't taken a test yet...I was glad to hear that she was going to be doing something "extra" in kindergarten...I think Busy Bee Preschool pretty much covered everything these two are learning in Kindergarten.

ksreynolds said...

your kids are really cute! we have a 5,3,1 they will all turn a year older in May and june of this year. We are having a baby boy. fun to see your family.