Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not much going on

I know I shouldn't post because there really is not much going on with us right now. BUT--I feel like I haven't posted in awhile. I think the kids are on the mend. LET ME TELL YOU having 3 sick kids, one sick husband, lots of very sick neighbors and a very sick mom--I AM DONE WITH SICKNESS!!!! I hope we have had our fair share of sickness this whole year. It makes me cranky and exhausted. Allergies have been really bad the past few weeks here. It seems like everyone I see or talk to has them. My poor little Riley boy. He is only 5 and had the worst allergies I have seen in a kid. His eyes would get so swollen they were almost closed shut. Reese had her ear infections. She is on an antibiotic right now. Raegan just decided to get a fever and start throwing up. I couldn't get her to eat anything for 2 whole days. When she finally did start to eat she started to get better. Russ has always suffered from allergies. They make him completely miserable. He usually ends up getting the shot. He has to go to work still which always makes him worse with all the drywall dust and such. Any-whoo!!! That's what's been going on here. LOTS OF FUN.


On a more positive note. Russ and I, along with Russ's sister Melinda, have been very inspired to get more food storage going. We do have a lot of stuff--but we have narrowed things down to what will work for our family and our needs. There are a lot of things we are lacking in. We have been told and warned since I was a little girl (and even before that) about getting our lives in order, getting our homes in order, and getting our year supply of food in order. I KNOW that there is going to come a time in the future (hopefully in the way distant future) that we are going to need our food storage. Not just food but water and supplies. If you haven't started--YOU SHOULD. At least start. If you don't know how or what you need go to the church web site and they have all kinds of information. It really is so important. We do all we can to protect our children and families. Why would we not get our food supply??? I want to BE PREPARED when things get really bad. So that is our goal the next few months is to get the rest of what we need. Wish us luck.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Good for you guys, We have a lot of food storage too, but still need more. I just need to find better ways to keep it organized.

Tairi said...

I am so sorry about your sick family! It totally sucks. Man, your house sounds just like over here, except john NEVER gets sick! Boston has RSV also along with 2 ear infections. I am sick too. I just think that moms should never get sick. I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

We have been doing the same thing- we took all the Young Women to the dry pack cannery & they filled lists for their families. Do you guys have the cannery there?
We also bought a water purifyer, just in case we don't have enough stored- I would highly recommend one:)

Glad you guys are on the mend:)

Jacob said...

Marcie~
You are so right! We are feeling like we need to start doing better in that too!
Love you!
Kristen

Davis Gang said...

We've started ours awhile ago, but we still need a lot of stuff. Go figure. We had water barrels full of water too. We need to get some more, but things like that cost money and with Sol not working we get what we can. I so proud of you for getting it done. I love the new background too. Fabulous!!!!!