Monday, March 9, 2009

POOR LITTLE LAMB!!!

Tonight I had Reese in the walk-in clinic. She has been totally fine. She had RSV like 3 weeks ago, but has been so much better this last week or so. We all went to church yesterday which was a rare sight. We have been passing sickness around back and forth. Anyways, yesterday when I was holding her I kept smelling something kind of gross. Not like poop but something different. It took me a minute to figure out that it was Reesie's ear. I know that is gross and I'm sorry if you have a weak stomach. Last night she was up all night and I knew she had a fever. Yesterday she was totally clingy to me. She wouldn't even go to Russ. Today was bad. I couldn't do anything if she was awake. She would not let me put her down. Her fever never went down, she was just miserable. Her eyes were sick. It was just very sad. So, tonight I took her to the walk-in clinic to have her checked out. We waited A LONG TIME, I think it was like 2 hours. We were the very last patient to be seen. Her fever was 101. The doctor said she had an ear infection in both ears. And in the right ear (the one that I could smell) he said he couldn't even see the ear drum it had so much junk in it. He also said the eardrum had ruptured. HOLY COW HOW SAD!! He said that the ear gets so much pressure behind it and finally bursts. It will heal itself and he put her on an antibiotic. Poor, poor baby. I can't believe it. I seriously almost started to cry when he said that. You probably think I am weird but my kids have NEVER had ear infections--that I know of. To know that my baby is in so much pain was awful. Tomorrow we start the antibiotic and hopefully have a happy baby again.

9 comments:

The Petersons said...

So sorry for little Reesie! Ear infections are pretty commonplace in our house, in fact Emily had tubes in her ears last year from having like 10 different infections in about 6 months time. I am sorry for little Reese, and also sorry for you Marcie! Hope she starts feeling better soon!

Becca said...

Poor Reesie Mae! I hope she feels better soon. I popped my ear drum when I was little, I think I was 7 and it hurt like crazy so I feel for her and you. Let me know if you need anything!

SJ said...

It's so sad when babies get so sick -- I hope she feels better soon!

Sandy Ballard said...

Get Better soon miss Reesie. Hope she heals fast for you.

Jill said...

Poor thing!! Ear infections are awful! We never dealt with them either until Gavin and when he got one I felt terrible I couldnt do anything really. good luck and I hope she gets better soon!!

Davis Gang said...

That little girl has been sick so much lately, now this too. Hopefully she can get better and be done for the year or even two years just for having been sick all the time this year. I hope she gets feeling better and give her lots of kisses for me to help her feel better more quickly.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Em just had a double ear infection also so I hear ya! Except our first round of antibiotics didn't work so she had to have a different- way more expensive - kind. Hopefully one round will do the trick:)

Amanda said...

We don't have a lot of ear infections here either......

Hugs to Reesie, hope she feels better already.

The Winns said...

We were experts on ear infections at our house too when the kids were little. I also had infections alot when I was little until I got my tonsils out and then it was only about once a year!!!