Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break in Utah

My step-mom Deb, my sister Alicia, Riley and Raegan

My dad and the kids


Grandpa and the girls



Reese was trying to figure out who this man was that kept giving her kisses.





Riley LOVES his grandpa. He talks about going to see grandpa all the time. It is cute to see them spending time together.



For Spring Break the kids and I went to Utah to visit with my family. We stayed with my sister Rebecca and her family. We always love going there and spending time with family. It is sad to be so far away from everyone. Reese is so small that she forgets easy. The older two know who we are going to see, but Reese was pretty much freaked out the whole time with all the new faces and people. By the last day she was warmed up to everyone-then we had to leave again.


I loved being there. I saw my mom, dad, step-mom, sisters, brother-in-laws, grandma, aunts, cousins. Thanks everyone for letting stay and for taking care of us while we were there.





While we were away Russ stayed very busy. He actually had a big job to do. When he wasn't working he was doing work around the house. He finished a BBQ island, put some lights under the cupboards in my scrap-book room (What a nice hubby, I LOVE the lights), and built a chicken coop. OH YES--he and Melinda bought 16 baby chicks. We have been working on our emergency preparedness and food storage. We though chickens would come in really handy. Thanks hunny I love you.


5 comments:

SJ said...

Glad you had a good time in Utah! Wow, I'm surprised about the chickens -- just never thought about you guys getting them :) My sister has chickens and loves having them. Baby chicks are fun!

Mel's Family said...

We missed and the kids you while you were gone. But I do have to say the BBQ Island and the chicken coop AKA "mansion" are pretty sweet if I do say so myself!!! I can't wait til those chicks start laying some eggs.

Mel's Family said...

P.S. I think I got my words mixed up in my last comment...sorry. I really did miss you and the kids.

Davis Gang said...

Love these pictures of Dad and the kids. So glad you came to visit us we so love it when you come and we all miss you so much already. Russ stayed pretty busy that's good atleast he didn't rip out carpet.

Cassie said...

So i honestly almost cried because it has been a while (6mo.)since I have seen my family...next week though