Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer day "fun-run"






This year our family signed up and went on the 2K "fun run" for pioneer days. It was a good experience for us. We had to get the kids up at 5 am--which was NOT a pretty picture as far as Raegan was conserned. She cried and cried and screamed. She loves to sleep. Once we were at the race she was fine. I am so proud of us to go as a family and do this. Russ was #19 over all and came in 2nd place in his age group. WAY TO GO RUSS. He is an amazing runner. The rest of us came in DEAD LAST!!!! Awesome. I am surprised that my kids even made it. Riley was very tired and wanted to stop several times--but kept his little feet moving. Raegan is a natural runner like Russ. She can go and go forever and never get tired. We had so much fun that we are entered to go on another "fun run" next week. It's only 1 mile so I bet we can make it:0

4 comments:

Becca said...

We should start walking again! I could use some fresh air once in awhile. as long as there arent any scary guys running after us. LOL thanks for the cookies! You must have known I was craving cookies today!!

Brooke said...

What a great family activity! We considered doing that run/walk...but then I saw the time that you had to be there. Uh...yeah right. But, I'm proud of you! :)

Amanda said...

Awesome! Which one are you registred for this week?

Stephanie said...

How fun! I love to do those. The Turkey Trot in Mesa is also fun. Always on Thanksgiving day though! If you sign up on Active.com they will send you all of the fun runs in your area!