Friday, September 24, 2010

Library day

Yesterday in Riley's class they went to the library. This isn't unusual. They go evrery Thursday. I noticed this year that he was bringing home chapter books every time. He has gone through 3 Goosebumps books. Well yesterday when he pulled out his new library book I almost hit the floor.




Harry Potter.....REALLY!! Look at that thing it's as big as him. I own the first Harry Potter book and he enjoys reading it. And he LOVES the movies...BUT REALLY!! That thing is HUGE. I'm not going to lie. I would never read that book. I told him I was so proud of him and that he was so brave for picking a book that was obviously way too advanced for him. I'm glad that he wants to challange himself. He LOVES to read, and chapter books are his new favorite. When we read at night I set the timer for 2o minutes. When the timer goes off he always asks for 5 more minutes. Who's kid is this? I'm very glad that he is such a good student and loves to read.

3 comments:

Jen said...

When Liam was younger he read all of the Harry Potter books with the help of the book on CD. He would follow along in the book as he listened. It really helped him to become a good reader because he could see the hard word and hear how you say it. I've heard they are a little scary. I really want to read the series, I've only read books 1 and part of 2.

Heather said...

It is a great series, but they are scary and this is the longest book of the series. The other thing is they have swear words in them that I like to scribble out in my copies. How is he liking it so far????

Davis Gang said...

That is funny. But for as long as I remember Riley loved to read. Even as small as a few months old for hours he would play and look at books. He is so smart and I am so proud of him. Do you read those big ol books to him or does he read them and can read all the words and comprehend it too. Look I know he is smart that was a stupid question. Keep it up buddy. I love you.