Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010









This is our Halloween in a nutshell. We didn't carve pumpkins until FRIDAY night. YES this is the longest I have ever waited to do pumpkins. The kids asked almost everyday if today would be the day. And they stayed paitent until it was the actual day. This is Riley's 7th year doing pumpkins and again this year he was totally grossed out by the pumpkin guts. It's kindof crazy. When I MADE him do some of his own guts he would wash his hands like 3 times. Too funny. He wanted a vampire pumpkin. Of course mom had to do most of the work but he was pretty proud of it when it was finished. Raegan is a trooper. She dug right in and cleaned hers out. SHE CARVED HER PUMPKIN ALL BY HERSELF this year. I was really excited about that. It turned out adorable. Way to go Rae. Reese was just happy to be there. While I was helping the other two she was trying to draw a face on her "baby pumpkin" with some chalk. I love her.


Costumes this year were the eaisiest and cheapest we have ever done. Riley wanted to be a vampire. OK easy--church clothes, black hair color, white face paint, and a borrowed cape--total of $3. Raegan wanted to be a witch. My good friend Cassie MADE her an amazing black and purple skirt, black dance leotard, black tights, black and green hair color, witch hat from the dolloar store, and fake eye lashes. Total of $3. Reese--well I figured that this may be the last year I can TELL Reese what she is going to be. Anyone who knows my Reesie knows she has an OBSESSION with Q-tips. She has since she was a small baby. They are like her binkie I guess. In fact she is holding one now as I type this. SO I thought it would be super funny if I could dress her like a Q-tip. She was MORE than happy to comply. She would tell everyone that she was going to be a Q-tip for Halloween. Her costume didn't turn out how I invisioned in my head but it was still super funny. Total cost--$1 for a stocking hat from the dollar store. Grand total--$7 for all 3 kids costumes. DANG that is awesome.

3 comments:

Davis Gang said...

Wow they look so good. Hope you guys had a Happy Halloween. Wish I was there for all the fun.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I love it Marc- way to go! I always buy the kids costumes at the after Halloween sales at Walmart or Kmart- but you did WAY better:) & the Q-tip- SO FUNNY!

Jill said...

Okay Reesie as a Q-tip? FREAKIN' AWESOME! you soooo win for best random hilarious costume! Miss you guys!! Give your kiddos hugs for me friend :)