Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful Trees





The kids had Veteran's day off of school. It was a LONG day. They all started to get pretty board and then they get naughty. SO I thought they needed a project. I cut some leaf shapes from my cricut. I had them paint a tree with only the branches. Then I had them write on the leaves some things they were thankful for. Then they glued the leaves on their trees. Riley was thankful for toys, family, army guys (he had just visited the Veteran's at the cemetery), and ice cream. Raegan was thankful for her family and that was the only thing she could write. Reese didn't write anything but she was talking as she scribbled. She said, mommy, daddy, sissy, brother, Ninna. It was good for them to do a project and it is good for me to hear what they are thankful for sometimes.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great idea!! I think i'll do that with Kenedi!!