Monday, November 8, 2010

Riley's first piano recital


My hunny boy is so amazing. He was SOOOOOO NERVOUS at his piano recital. Can you tell?? Look how he is sitting. He was so nervous he didn't even adjust himself on the bench. Poor little man. He seriously ALMOST started crying when he had to say his name and the songs he was playing. But he said he looked over at mom and that made him not cry. He played two songs--"Come To My House" and "Christopher Columbus". The one you actually hear on the videio is "Christopher Columbus". Yeah I pretty much suck--I couldn't find the record button until his second song. DANG IT!! He really does LIKE playing the piano. I usually never have to argue or fight with him to practice. He was just so nervous. I was so nervous for him BEING so nervous. I know how hard it is to get up in front of people who you don't know and have EVERY ONE watch you. Russ and I are just so so proud of him that he wanted to play and that he went threw with it. Way to go buddy. Our friend Sandra Carter came with us to watch and support him. After the recital we went to DQ for some ice cream. Everyone was calmed down by then and I hope it will be a good memory for him. Next recital maybe he won't be quite so nervous. I lOvE yOu RiLeY!!!

4 comments:

Mel's Family said...

I'm so proud of him. He did a great job and I know he was SO nervous!

Davis Gang said...

He does look nervous. He looks so handsome though. I am so very proud of him. I am glad he survived it and you too. I am sure he will be less nervous next time. I love you buddy.

Jennifer said...

Good job Riley! Could you encourage Kaitlyn to want to play piano! My MIL was teaching her and they took a break for the summer...and I can't get Kaitlyn to want to start lessons again. She doesn't like to practice...and I have a hard time not getting frusterated by that!

Anonymous said...

How awesome! He did such a good job! I can't imagine how nervous he was that would be a bit scary! Thats awesome that he plays it teaches him so many responsibilities and its just so neat! He is so dang hansdsome all dressed up!! Love it!!