Monday, October 13, 2008

Riley and the PuMpKiN patch

Mrs. Romney's class

Riley and his friend Jace getting on the bus
Happy boy.

They gave the kids a piece of string and said that if it fit around the pumpkin they could have it. GoOd IdEa.


Today at school Riley's class went to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin. I was lucky enough to go along and "help." It was fun to see the kids get so excited. They did surprisingly well. I thought it would take them forever to pick the pErFeCt PuMpKiN but they all grab the first ones they saw and were done. Of course I took my camera so I got a few pictures. Riley's favorite part I think was riding the bus. He has never been on the bus and asks all the time when I am going to let him ride the bus. NEVER is always my answer. When you live one block away from the school you don't really need your kid to ride the bus. I'm glad he got to today.




5 comments:

Teri and Richard said...

and he is sooo lucky to not have to ride the bus! Well...at least in my opinion! Its strange how big he is getting..and how quickly it is happening! Happy Halloween!! Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

How fun! It seems like all kids love the pumpkin patch! Glad you were able to go along and "help"!

Clasby Clan said...

Hey there!
It is so much fun to see all your pictures. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to make my own. I am glad that the kids found pumpkins quickly! That always takes mine forever, at least this year we grew our own, so there aren't as many to choose from!

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Yeah- be grateful he doesn't have to ride the bus- I wish Anya didn't. She is already learning some GREAT words from the older kids.

Davis Gang said...

Cute! He looks like he had lots of fun. My kids always love to ride the bus for field trips. I'm glad that it's only for field trips. But they have fun.